Life does not have to be anywhere near perfect to be wonderful.
My activity on Facebook consists almost entirely of reposting thought-provoking, empowering or inspirational articles on my page. In fact, I rarely share original content outside of the ADNY blog posts. Around New Year’s Day, I came across this inspirational article that I’m finding particularly helpful for me at the moment. I’ve bookmarked it on every piece of technology I own and re-read it on a regular basis. I may even start reading it on my daily commute in the hopes I might internalize it.
All this is to say that I find it very empowering. Here are the ones that have struck a chord with me:
- You have the freedom to live your life the way you want to live it. Worrying about what direction your life is going to take means you have the freedom to make your own decisions. For most parts of the world, that’s a luxury. Be grateful.
- You are courageously walking your own path. When people challenge your choices, remember that you don’t have to do what everyone else is doing. Do what’s right for you even if people disapprove.
- You are making difficult decisions and acting upon them.
- You are choosing to be happy in your own way. Define happiness for yourself.
- You see obstacles in front of you because you are not settling. Your obstacles are your opportunities. Obstacles help you decide if what you want is really worth fighting for.
- You have made the best of some tough situations. Smiling doesn’t always mean you’re happy with everything. Sometimes it just means that you’re strong enough to accept it and make the best of it.
- You have come a long way. Don’t judge your failed attempts and mistakes as an indication of your future potential but as part of your personal growth process. Don’t let your past haunt you and hold you back.
- People rarely quit over the last thing that happened. Instead they quit a tiny bit each day.
- You aren’t scared to fail forward. The difference between successful people and total failures is that successful people fail more often.
- You haven’t let fear get in your way. – You have to wonder how many people are afraid to die, in part, because they often realize too late that they were afraid to live.
- You still believe in the possibilities that lie ahead. Life does not have to be anywhere near perfect to be wonderful.
- You haven’t let the judgments of others stop you. – Keep listening to your intuition, and make this your lifelong motto: “I respectfully do not care.” Say it to anyone who passes judgment on something you strongly believe in. – God, I can’t wait to use this one on my dad!
- You are doing what you can with what you have. – The secret to living the life of your dreams is to start living the life of your dreams, right now, to any degree that you already can.
- You aren’t scared to express your love, openly. – Love is great when spoken, but greatest when shown. So if you care about someone’s well being, show it. Keep doing little things daily to show the people around you that you care.